Venus Fashions Wants Skilled People
Come work for a company where your skills are appreciated, in a vibrant, fun environment. Just because it is called work, doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable!
If you think you have the skills for any of the positions listed below, please, send us your resume!
Digital Merchandising CoordinatorDEPARTMENT: Internet Merchandising
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Assist the Internet Merchandiser to achieve the seasonal merchandising strategy and drive category performance on the VenusFashions.com website. Position requires cross-functional communication, historical analysis, assortment planning, and managing the accuracy and set-up of the product facts in the Content Management System.
Executes each internet site based upon assortment plans.
Proofs the site prior to launch date. Reviews every section, page, and every style number and creates each product page.
Responsible for the launch of a specific category portion of the site, including: site roadmap, sequencing, pricing & site accuracy, any relevant specialty area(s) of the site; upsells (*new site every 3-4 weeks; daily and weekly data updates can also occur).
Works closely with category merchant planner to ensure the information in the Mainframe matches info in the Content Management System.
Responsible for business updates to the site which may include: roadmapping; sequencing; creative layouts.
Executes post-launch sequencing changes based upon customer behavior, selling information and inventory position.
Ensures Item Colorswap document, created for each site launch, is accurate.
Assists in the submission of appropriate merchandise selections & message direction for all email and external advertising/promotional placements as appropriate, to Internet Creative Services.
Retrieves information from Coremetrics and compiles reports and starts analysis for site Early Reads.
Compiles and Maintains merchandise selling reports.
Assists Internet Merchant in analyzing stock issues and communicates any changes necessary to team.
Attends Core Merchandising Strategy and Line Review meetings to understand seasonal business strategies and product initiatives.
Assists in the creation of the seasonal web hindsight document for the category/classification.
Creates, executes and analyzes category up-sell strategies to drive volume.
Responsible for the creation of category Transfer Number document.
If category has a Freelancer(s), oversees site set-up work.
Flexible team player
Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment
Ability to manage many projects at once; change priorities as needed
Quick, clear verbal and written communication skills
Ability to collaborate up, down, and across the organization
Self starter; able to work independently when necessary
Highly motivated; Consistent in work ethic
Ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization
Fashion sense; Commitment to quality; Open to learning
Minimum 2 years as an assistant merchant or related experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
Experience in working within a retail corporation
Previous internet experience a plus
Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
REPORTS TO: Internet Merchandiser or Senior Internet Merchandiser
STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Assistant Pattern Maker, (Women's)Responsibilities:
The Assistant Patternmaker – works with a Patternmaker to create patterns for Women’s Collection from design specifications.
Reports to: Sample Room Manager, Patternmaker
Other Key Relationships: Creative Director, Design staff
Prepares patterns for Women’s Collection RTW for day or evening wear.
Will work as a samplemaker as needed.
Respond to pattern needs for special events, celebrities, and other special requests.
Must be responsive to design’s needs.
Meet seasonal objectives for patterns.
- 10+ years previous experience as a samplemaker.
- Draping experience.
- Highly developed standards of excellence with garment fit and execution.
- Ability to work with a variety of materials including luxury and innovative fabrics and leathers.
- Patternmaking experience.
- Creativity, Flexibility, adaptability, initiative.
The associate technical designer is responsible for assisting the technical design team in all technical design function and providing support as needed. he or she will be responsible for working with the technical design and pd teams to meet deadlines for creating and passing product specs for all stages of development - concept through production.
- Work with the Design team during the development process – during hand-offs, provide technical feedback, while maintaining design aesthetics
- Specing and preparing samples prior to fitting – communicating any concerns to the Product Development team, as well as the Technical Design management team
- Conduct fittings – following department protocol - pinning the garment and resolving any fit issues and demonstrating to the design team that the corrections being applied will result in the desired look
- Review patterns from the supplier and apply corrections and/or detailed diagrams that reflect the adjustments reviewed during the fitting, ensuring that there is a correlation between the correction requested and the final spec
- Communicating with the off-shore offices and suppliers on all technical issues, giving detailed feedback on samples based on fit thru overall workmanship
- Assist the Manager / Director of Technical Design in maintaining a reference pattern library and making sure that the established standards for minimum specs are maintained
- Manage workload with an ability to prioritize based on set deadlines. Surface any concerns that would affect meeting seasonal deliverables
- Work closely with the design team, understand the vision and provide technical expertise, by foreseeing problems and offering alternatives to the design team
- Review grading, making sure proportions are maintained throughout the size range, making adjustments when necessary for smaller or larger sizes
- Review stock upon request and communicate any issues to all related parties as well as offshore offices and suppliers
- Customer focused, providing service to internal, as well as external customers
- Surface concerns on performance of suppliers , i.e. quality of protos, countersamples, on time submission of samples and execution
- Manage fit time making sure to effectively utilize models as well as the design team’s time
- Provide all pertinent information to the production & customs teams.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of wovens/tops/dress, technical, garment
- construction and fitting experience
- Working knowledge of pattern making, fabric characteristics, and sewing requirements
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated with a strong sense of urgency – deadline driven
- Organized, accurate and articulate
- Excellent communication skills and a team player